OPEN LETTER TO THE ROCK N ROLL HALL OF FAME

Go down

OPEN LETTER TO THE ROCK N ROLL HALL OF FAME

Post  cinbu on Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:07 am

I would like to thank the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame for the benefit concert for John Entwistle Foundation put on in Cary, NC over this past weekend. Although the event had a few problems on Saturday night, the overall event was great fun for most ticket holders, and put on in a comfortable and relaxed manner. I very much enjoyed bringing my 30 year old daughter with me to experience these outstanding performers. I understand that with any first time venue, there are going to be some problems, and would like to say that the event for 90% of the time was outstanding. Friday night was perfect, and I feel my money was well spent. My daughter and I will be joining the HOF after attending this event. Thank you again, and special thanks to Rick French, who obviously worked very hard to make things go as smoothly as possible, in spite of some very trying circumstances. It was my pleasure to meet your president at this event as well, and I feel the HOF did a great job of bringing some very historic R&R to the people of North Carolina. We live and learn, and hope that next year will be even better!
Sincerely,
Cinbu
(full name omitted for forums)

cinbu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ditto

Post  Me2 on Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:25 am

Count me also as very happy right up to the end. I left very disappointed, but all things considered the concert was a success.

Next time though please understand that when you are told the concert must end at 11:00, they mean it, and plan accordingly.

I will attend next year. When do tickets go on sale?

Me2

Back to top Go down

Thanks, HOF and Rick.

Post  Tobaccovillan on Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:26 am

Thank you for a wonderful show. The facility was excellent and the performers were great. Had it not been for the "noise ordinance", I'm sure that the finale would have been everything it was hyped to be. I hope we can have the opportunity next year to get it perfect. Thanks, Rick. It was a monumental job and you did good.

Tobaccovillan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OPEN LETTER TO THE ROCK N ROLL HALL OF FAME

Post  NunyaBiz on Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:43 am

Well the noise ordinance needs to be lifted because its bullshit anyway there are only about 30-50 houses that are close enough to be bothered and if they are inside their house with the TV on they couldn't hear the concert anyway.
Also if I am not mistaken the Amphitheatre was there before they were so if they don't like it they shouldn't have moved there.

What I heard was that when Townsend and Daltrey found out there was a curfew at 11pm is when they cancelled.

NunyaBiz

Back to top Go down

I really appreciate the amount of hard work it took to make something like this happen...

Post  lintqueen on Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:48 am

And I hope to have the opportunity to experience this again -- it was an extremely fun weekend (and I got to meet Alan White, which was *super cool*!)

lintqueen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thank You

Post  BlindFai on Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:26 pm

Thanks Again for a great experience - It was a truly remarkable concert.

While it was a shame that the technical problems and noise ordinance issues kept it from ending with Jack Bruce completing his set and with the proper tribute to the Who/JE (whether or not Pete was behind door #1), it will still be among the most memorable shows I've attended.

BlindFai

Back to top Go down

Post  Jabba on Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:50 pm

I agree the line up was well to my liking. I was disappointed by the fact the time for set/equipment changes between bands was excessive. Had those changes progressed with an acceptable time like on Friday night we may have received the promised ending to the show.

If the show will be here again next year I will buy tickets today if possible.

Thank you,

Jabba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down