Ok, I will take the bait ...

Go down

Ok, I will take the bait ...

Post  Rick on Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:31 am

Brian and Cliff of AC/DC have both said they want to play the show as they are big supporters of both the John Entwistle Foundation and the Rock Hall, where they are enshrined, but we have some contractual hurdles to jump in order to make it happen. Ultimately, I'd say there is an outside chance one or both may be here. Here is the inside scoop: AC/DC is planning a worldwide tour later this year. The band's management and record label don't want Brian or Cliff performing individually prior to the band going on tour. Billy Joel asked Brian to sing a few songs with him at the final concert that will ever be performed at Shea Stadium in NYC later this year and the band's management balked. With that said, the guys are trying and want to play. Cliff has a summer house at Lake Toxaway in western NC and either way I'd guess he will be in attendance, so who knows what may happen on stage. That is why we've said certain artists won't be announced until later this summer as this situation, in particular, will take some time to work out.

All that being said, we will begin posting new artist clues to this forum later this week and I'd expect additional artist announcements will begin rolling out in 10-14 days.

Rick

Rick

Back to top Go down

AC/DC

Post  mbgirl61 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:12 am

Well Rick.. by all means let AC/DC play as a band!!! I had the priveledge of seeing Bon Scott several times in my youth.. but as an old aging rocker have never seen them with Brian. It would be a treat. In my opinion one of the best Rock n Roll bands from the 70's.

mbgirl61

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ok, I will take the bait ...

Post  Rick on Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:35 am

They are one of my favorites as well. If I could get the whole band I would but Angus isn't available. So it would be Brian and/or Cliff if anyone, so that is what we are working on. Don't know if it will happen but if it doesn't it won't be because of either of them -- they both said 'yes' without hesitation before the tour contract issue came into play.

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post  Blindtiger on Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:20 pm

I love AC/DC. I think Brian and/or Cliff would be great additions.

Rock on.

P.S. Thanks for the update, Rick. (I'd still like to hear more, but at this point I'll take what I can get!) Set us up a great show!
Blindtiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Next Artist Clue

Post  Rick on Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:58 am

Thanks to everyone who has shown some patience! Let the fun begin ...

The founders of this legendary west coast band will be at Koka Booth September 20 to give us a performance I am willing to bet none of us will soon forget ... of course people are still saying that about them nearly four decades after their trifecta appearances at Woodstock, the Monterey Jazz Festival and the famous Altamont Speedway Concert. They will be bringing with them a very special guest who played in a band that like these guys is also enshrined in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post  Blindtiger on Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:56 am

Ok, someone, anyone, help me figure out who is he referring to?

Jefferson Airplane? Ideas? Who's coming along?
Blindtiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Jazz or Pop?

Post  Nunyabiz on Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:58 pm

I thinking you must mean Monterey POP Festival correct?

Only one I can think of is Jefferson Airplane/Starship also that appeared at all 3 of these events.
Lots of people played at Woodstock & Monterey POP together but only one that I can think of played all 3 is Jefferson Airplane.

Nunyabiz

Back to top Go down

Answer

Post  djknorr on Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:29 pm

Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Casady are the two members of Jefferson Airplane who still tour and play together as Hot Tuna. They are also touring this summer with David Lindley who is enshrined in the Rock Hall as part of Jackson Browne's band.

djknorr

Back to top Go down

Re: Answer

Post  Blindtiger on Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:22 pm

Interesting info! Thanks!
Blindtiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick on Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:19 pm

I did mean Monterey Pop Festival -- sorry, it was late when I was posting the clue. It wll be a very special announcement when we make it next week.

Rick

Back to top Go down

Neil Young

Post  mbgirl61 on Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:48 pm

Rick.. what about Neil Young? He's a big supporter of benefits. We'd like to see more of him on the east coast! And, is he already in the HOF?

mbgirl61

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Neil Young

Post  Rick on Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:52 pm

Yes, he is in with CSN&Y.

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post  Blindtiger on Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:02 pm

mbgirl61 wrote:Rick.. what about Neil Young? He's a big supporter of benefits. We'd like to see more of him on the east coast! And, is he already in the HOF?

OMG! I'd just die if he were there! That would so rock.
Blindtiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

NEIL YOUNG

Post  rockon45 on Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:58 pm

Any chance of Neil Young? That would be so so cool!

rockon45

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick on Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:23 pm

Neil Young isn't on our list of performers. Maybe next year.

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum