Artist Set Lists

Go down

Artist Set Lists

Post  Rick on Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:48 pm

You may remember when we announced that Dennis DeYoung had agreed to recreate much of Styx's famous "Paradise Theatre" concert for our show. In a similar vein, Jack Bruce and company have decided to perform much of the set list from Cream's history making concert at The Royal Albert Hall in London at our benefit concert on 9/20. Jack has also agreed to sit in for John Entwistle himself on bass guitar in the John Entwistle Band's closing tribute to John and the Music of The Who.

The anthology of the historic Cream concert at the Royal Albert Hall is detailed below:

In May 2005 Cream returned to London's Royal Albert Hall, the same stage where they had completed what was thought to be their final performance in 1968. It was one of the most eagerly anticipated, hard-to-get tickets in rock history. With the exception of a brief reunion set at their 1993 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Cream had not played together in nearly four decades. Classic songs like "Badge," "I'm So Glad," "Crossroads," "Sunshine Of Your Love," "White Room," and many more made up the set list of this remarkable show.

Cream formed in 1966 and disbanded in 1968. In just under three years, the band produced three seminal studio albums, Fresh Cream (1966), Disraeli Gears (1967), and Wheels Of Fire (1968) and secured worldwide acclaim and commercial success with their unique take on electrified blues. The band were a prolific and thrilling live act and toured incessantly in their short but remarkable history.

Rick

Back to top Go down

CUT IT OUT!

Post  thumper on Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:04 am

You are giving me flashbacks dude!
thumper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Artist Set Lists

Post  Ready2Rock on Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:25 am

I saw one of the Cream reunion shows at MSG in 2005. I had crummy seats, however, so I'm looking forward to seeing Jack Bruce in a more intimate setting. Even with my bad seats, the show was still fantastic!

Ready2Rock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  djknorr on Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:34 am

I'm not sure if this is a license from Rick to make some setlist requests, but some "deep tracks" I'd love to hear are:

Dennis DeYoung
Loralei
Sweet Madam Blue
Mother Dear

Buck Dharma
Bucks Boogie
Astronomy
Screaming Diz-Busters

Jack Bruce
Tales of Brave Ulysses

Mark Farner
Inside Looking Out
djknorr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Set lists

Post  studly61 on Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:53 am

How bout for MarkFarner a 12 minute version of I'm you're Captain? always wanted to see them live

studly61

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ready2Rock on Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:20 pm

Great Buck Dharma suggestions, djknorr!

Cream played Tales of Brave Ulysses at MSG, so maybe we have a chance for that one...

Ready2Rock

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick on Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:51 pm

And I believe Dennis has Loralei planned for the show.

Rick

Back to top Go down

Stairway

Post  avcwave on Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:28 pm

And when Robert Plant comes out & sings Stairway to Heaven or Kashmir, its gonna make everyone Cream.

avcwave

Back to top Go down

Stairway

Post  rockfan on Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:39 pm

Wow, never heard that one before...

rockfan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

stairway

Post  avcwave on Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:17 pm

I'll bet you've never heard it live....??? I have! Hell, Plant has only sung it twice live in the past 27 years.

avcwave

Back to top Go down

stairway

Post  studly61 on Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:23 pm

Was it just me or did you just miss the mocking tone of the email? Your Cream joke is a gillion years old.....

studly61

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  justpassinthru on Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:13 pm

Rick wrote: In a similar vein, Jack Bruce and company have decided to perform much of the set list from Cream's history making concert at The Royal Albert Hall in London at our benefit concert on 9/20.

Hmmm... is my mind the only one to run wild when I saw that sentence??? Jack Bruce and company agreed to play a large portion of Cream's set from the RAH concert. I wonder who the "company" might be. Seems to me that if Jack is playing the Cream set, who else should accompany him but Eric Clapton and Ginger Baker. EC's summer tour completed on Aug 23. I can't seem to find any tour dates for Ginger Baker in September either. So let the speculation begin.. lol... cheers

justpassinthru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  woody on Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:39 pm

OH MY that would be too cool. I just don't see how Clapton can show up "unannounced". Rick did say there were some more surprises to come- but the mother load this late in the game???? We can hope like hell though!

woody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick on Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:10 pm

Now you guys don't really think I'm going to take the bait on that one do you Cool

Rick

Back to top Go down

Take the bait?

Post  thumper on Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:06 am

I certainly hope not! The walk-on talent is the best part of a show like this! Absolutely nothing like the energy created when a "special guest" strolls onto the stage unanounced and picks up a guitar, steps up to a mic, or sits down behind a keyboard! Those are the memories that last forever.
thumper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick on Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:42 pm

Exactly.

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post  woody on Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:47 pm

EXACTLY WHAT !!!!!!!?????????

woody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick on Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:15 pm

Not going to ruin the surprise for anyone.

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick on Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:09 pm

Here is additional information on the artist set lists. For those of you who heard Dennis DeYoung on PBS or 96 Rock, his set will be a Styx greatest hits set, which will be awesome.

I have received the White Sox All-Star Band set list. Without giving the songs away, it will be heavy on Yes and Queen hits, as well as The Hooters greatest hits, Eric Bazilian's "One of Us," made famous by Joan Osborne, and will include some Beatles and Hendrix numbers. The 82 minute set is unbelievable and expect some surprises.

Dave Mason's set will be heavy on Traffic hits as well as his solo hits and he will also cover songs like Hendrix's "Watchtower."

I won't give away what is going to happen with the encore on Saturday night but right now the plan is to close with The Who's "My Generation." A fitting way to wrap the show and pay tribute to John Entwistle.

When we will tell everyone that people will be talking about this show for years, we aren't over-selling that fact. It's a mind blowing two days of hit after hit after hit.

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post  Coming f on Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:37 pm

I hear ya Studly61...

The 1st band I was in, Yeas Ago, used to stretch that tune for 20 minutes at least. Back in the day By brother was Captain Guitar Riff!!!
I wouldn't hearing Footstompin Music either...

Is it next friday Yet?!?!?

Coming f

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:15 pm

We have tentatively set the first three songs for Joe Lynn Turner's performance with the John Entwistle Band:

Smoke on the Water
Highway Song
Stone Cold

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post  woody on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:49 pm

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE ( OLD ) "BLACKFOOT" HIGHWAY SONG?? AWWWWWW MAN!! Cool

woody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Highway song

Post  studly61 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:56 pm

Do you think he meant highway star? big Deep Purple hit.

studly61

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick on Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:30 pm

My bad ... Highway Star. Was typing too quick.

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down