Dennis DeYoung Special

Go down

Dennis DeYoung Special

Post  rockfan on Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:16 am

There is a Dennis DeYoung special on PBS tonight (Monday 9/8/2008) at 8:00 pm - The Music of Styx with Symphony Orchestra - a career retrospective. I'll bet it's amazing - a good way to further gear up for the event - which is now in less than 2 weeks and counting!!

rockfan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dennis DeYoung Special

Post  djknorr on Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:09 am

Thanks rockfan. I know the wife will enjoy this since she's not coming to the concert.
djknorr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Dennis DeYound In-Town Today and UNC-TV Special

Post  Rick on Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:27 pm

Thanks RockFan for posting this. He is in-town as I write this and will perform several songs live on 96 Rock at 4:30 today, then will make an in-studio studio appearance at 5:15 on 850 The Buzz and then he and will be appear live on UNC-TV from 8-9:30 tonight as part of its pledge drive to raise money for public television and to promote the concert.

Rick

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post  Blindtiger on Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:40 pm

Ooooo! Nice heads up from both of you! Thanks!
Blindtiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

UNC-TV Tonight

Post  e_starko on Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:05 pm

Rick,
Awesome heads up......watched it tonight......totally gonna be a rocking concert with Dennis and was nice to get to put a face to a name.

Thank you RICK for all the info. Awesome job.

e_starko

Back to top Go down

Dennis De Young

Post  BlindFai on Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:33 pm

I Tivo'd it since I can't watch the whole thing now, but I did flip it on for a few minutes.

Dennis still has the range! I can't wait to see him live. I saw Styx last year and loved the show, but thought Tommy sounded strained at times. This will bring it full circle if what I just heard was any indication!

Definitely will be watching this as a warm up for the show...

BlindFai

Back to top Go down

Dennis De Young

Post  rockfan on Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:01 pm

Nice job tonight Rick - Dennis still has the pipes - and what a joker! 11 days and counting for the big event... I didn't think it was possible to be more jazzed about this, but now I am! I keep thinking about everyone on stage doing "My Generation" - Holy Crap!!!

rockfan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

So very excited!

Post  cinbu on Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:08 pm

Oh my God. Dennis was awesome tonight, and has made me realize just how great this is going to be... and Rick, You looked marvelous!
Gleaned some great little tidbits about the show we didn't know, and simply can't wait for the big event. I have attended hundreds and hundreds of concerts, and can't think of one I have anticipated as much. Man, is it the 19th YET?
My Generation, Baby!

cinbu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick on Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:59 am

I had a great time with him today. He's an awesome guy and a great conversationalist on and off camera. If you didn't catch his 7-8 song set on 96 Rock -- wow. They said they were going to stream it the website so if you didn't hear it, check it out. He sang Lady, Babe, Come Sail Away, Lorelei, The Best of Times, etc. Tonight's PBS broadcast raised about $20,000 for public television, which was great. He took us through his entire 75 minute set list of what he plans to play here in less than two weeks and Styx fans will be in heaven. Andf thanks for the kind words about my appearance -- clearly the work of a talented make-up artist Very Happy

Rick

Back to top Go down

Re: Dennis and Rick to perform "Tom Sawyer" at the afterparty?

Post  studly61 on Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:56 pm

Rick, is it true? Are you and Dennis( and some random third guy) going to form a Rush cover band like he said last night? That was a pretty bold statement, but now we're all ready for the first show. I finally picked up my after-party tix last night, had slipped my mind. Can you convince Dennis to stay up late with us? My 16 year old wants to meet him. Enjoy learning the Rush songs, can't wait to see you guys play live at the after party!

studly61

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick on Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:01 pm

I'm trying to convince him to go with the Queen cover band, he wants Rush, so who knows! But he did let me, Foster and Blade sign back-up in studio on Mr. Roboto and Come Sail Away so I'm ready. For those who didn't hear it yesterday, the live in-studio concert is being played again today on 96 Rock. And yes, Dennis will be coming to the after-party and may sing a song or two with Moonalice.

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post  woody on Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:45 pm

It was a FANTASTIC SHOW on PBS. The "Ava Maria" was abosolutley beautiful -and I'm not even Catholic! Dennis is just loaded with personality --as well as the great voice!
You did look nice Rick. This is going to be GRAND! bounce bounce bounce

woody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Dennis DeYoung Special

Post  Rocky Raccoon on Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:39 pm

We watched Dennis and had a great evening. Very amusing in studio, we were rolling with laughter. I think Dennis shook up the UNC studios. They didn't seem to know what to do with him. Throughly enjoyed concert and really looking forward to the Big Sheeeew cheers

Talkin bout My Generation afro afro Cool Way to go Rick!!!!!

Rocky Raccoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blindtiger on Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:28 pm

I missed the UNC-tv special, but I did catch him on 96Rock. Oh. My. God. That guy is major awesomeness! He sang so well, that I couldn't believe it was "live, in-studio". Wow. And so funny. I laughed and laughed. Especially when he regretted recruiting back up singers! hehehehe!
Blindtiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down