Lawn HQ Preparations

Go down

Lawn HQ Preparations

Post  davethebuilder on Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:47 pm

It's just 8 days and counting to the big show. I'm still going to attempt to be at the show early to stake out a spot for the "Forum HQ" so we can all get a chance to meet. Although I liked Thumper's "Entwistle Dr." sign suggestion I have already printed out the official Roger Dean poster for the benefit on the plotter at work and I think that would be appropriate. It's pictured to the right. ====> I will also be wearing a bright orange visor that says U.S. Amateur '08 - Pinehurst. My goal is to set up as far towards the front of the grass as possible. That would be behind the front section of pavers and a little walkway. As I've said in previous posts, the likelihood of my wife and I actually being on time for something is low Smile so this whole thing may fall apart. Feel free to call me on my cell at (910) 263-2987 if it doesn't work out because I definitely want to meet some of the friends I've made here over the last few months.

Also, check out the Booth Amphitheatre website. You can pre-order meals if you want through a couple of catering vendors. My wife and I have done it for other shows and it's pretty good vittles.
davethebuilder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lawn HQ Preparations

Post  Blindtiger on Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:24 pm

I'm getting real excited now! I can't believe it's almost the big day(s)!! Do you plan on this set-up on both days?
Blindtiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  davethebuilder on Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:06 pm

I'm not sure yet about Saturday. I was fortunate to be able to upgrade my tickets but I'm thinking that I'll want a place to stretch my legs and chill out a little back on the lawn. That seems a little selfish though. When I've been at well attended shows at Koka Booth, the lawn ends up being packed. If everyone who had tickets up front also set up a spot on the lawn then that wouldn't be fair to the lawn only ticket holders.

Perhaps I'll pass the Forum HQ baton on Friday night over to you or Woody! I'll stop in and squat on somebody's blanket in between sets every now and then for a social beverage. We should practice passing the baton before hand so we don't end up like the US Track Team!
davethebuilder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blindtiger on Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:19 pm

davethebuilder wrote: We should practice passing the baton before hand so we don't end up like the US Track Team!
How embarrassing would that be? Laughing

You are probably right though, it would be better to be a squatter on Saturday! Cool
Blindtiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down