not sold out yet?

Go down

not sold out yet?

Post  Jabba on Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:03 pm

I can't believe this show is not sold out yet. perhaps if you would give the full details rather then all this secret stuff a small venue like this would be sold out by now.

Jabba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the conversation...

Post  davethebuilder on Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:11 pm

Re: New Artists Added to Line-Up -- Today's News Release
by Rick on Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:38 pm

As for announcing anyone else I can't do it. If we do we risk them not coming as that is one of the many stipulations to them showing up and jamming. So everyone should assume this is the line-up and anyone else that shows is a nice bonus. But in no way are we announcing anyone else or even saying anyone else will be here, regardless of the speculation that is out there.

Rick
davethebuilder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: not sold out yet?

Post  Rick on Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:48 pm

Jabba,

First, Dave's note is correct. Second, why does it matter to you if we aren't concerned?

Rick

Rick

Back to top Go down

RE: not sold out yet?

Post  Jabba on Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:40 am

Rick wrote:Jabba,

First, Dave's note is correct. Second, why does it matter to you if we aren't concerned?

Rick

it doesn't matter to me in the long run as much as it may to the performers, the foundation receiving the $, the future benefits, the whole groove of the crowd. If the ensemble of performers on this list can't sell out a little venue like Koka booth that says a lot to me. It says enough with the secrecy and let us know who the secret headliners are. It apparently says to those who have chosen not to buy tickets those are some interesting artists but not interesting enough to lay out some $ for it. It matters to me because a show partially full never has the same vibe that a sold out show has for either the crowd or the band. I have 11 friends and myself who were excited enough about this show and bought tickets on opening day because we heard about it on the Allen Handleman show and were certain this would be a concert to measure other concerts by. Its also says to me that those performers who demand secrecy because they may back out that they lack confidence in the organizers, the venue or their sharing a stage with some of those who have committed. So Rick unless you are one of the organizers my question and response was not intended for you or your comments and approval.

Jabba

Jabba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick on Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:16 pm

I am the organizer and benefit concert chairman.

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post  griff on Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:40 pm

LOL you got schooled. That's funny, but obviously you didn't know who Rick French is because you wouldn't have offered that challenge at the end of the response.

FYI if you didn't get it from other posts on the forum, the entire line-up is announced. If there's a special guest that will be here at the end of the evening, that wants to pop in and honor the Entwistle Foundation, then they are keeping it under wraps because obviously he/she is going out of there way to appear for a short set and doesn't want to be "stalked" at hotel, etc., like fans often do. There's also a lot of mention about contractual stipulations, i.e. maybe a performer has a tour and can't contractually announce another appearance or they break the tour contract with the record company or something. Makes sense to me, anyway.

It's just better this way, for the fans and for the performer.

griff

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick on Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:21 pm

Griff is dead on correct

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down